Sunday, August 28, 2011

to accept

"Hey Adel. You called?"
"Yeah. Can you step outside of your house?"

It was 11 p.m on a Saturday night and I swear to God I thought he'd be studying all day for his examinations next week. Not planning some scheme.

And so I opened the door to my house and noticed a toy with the shape of a bird on the bench by my house along with a letter and a wrapped book. As I picked the bird up, I vaguely remember being at a toy store with him a few weeks back and I pointed out to the same bird, acknowledging how it was the nicest among the rest.

"This is so cute," I squealed over the phone. "Where are you? I'll come down."

You know that feeling when you've been away from home for a long time and finally, you've step foot of your house, embracing that familiar bed?

That was how I felt when the doors of the lift slid open and saw Adel.

He kept asking how I was as the night before I broke down whilst on the phone with him.
"I thought you needed cheering up," he smiled.

:)



Feels so good to finally write.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Singaporean, lover of words.
ask.fm / tumblr / twitter

alternatively, you can email me at raudhah.hanafiah@gmail.com

labels: fiction, outfits, significant other