Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Is love?

I don't know. 
I don't understand it.

It's weird though, that's what I've figured out so far.

Love, I think, is when your partner comes back to you after the 250th fight. Maybe he doesn't come back immediately with a bouquet of roses in hand. Maybe he needs time to sort things out for a week or two. But he comes back anyway. Drunk and miserable, he knocks on your door and says, 'I'm so sorry, please let me in again.'

Love, I think, Is making a bunch of sacrifices. No matter big or small. He doesn't smoke around you because you hate the smell. You find a part time job so you can bring him out to a fancy restaurant for once. 

But I don't know.

Love could just be a silly thing people gave a name to.


--


I wrote this about a month ago and I found this very relevant to me now.


Hi Alastair, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Singaporean, lover of words.
ask.fm / tumblr / twitter

alternatively, you can email me at raudhah.hanafiah@gmail.com

labels: fiction, outfits, significant other