Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i'm battle scarred


So I was lying on the couch last night when my mom sat by me and asked,
"You're not with Bob anymore?"

I remember being on the phone with him around my mom the first time.
"Who was that?"
"Oh, a friend. Bob."
"The builder?"
"Yeah, sure."

I shook my head and tried not to look at her face, afraid I might cry if i stare into her eyes.
"Why do you say that?" I asked casually.

"Well, I don't see you on the phone with him anymore."
I shrugged.
"See, heartbreaks are hard to handle. You're too young for all of this," She continued.
"I was never with him, mom," I said truthfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Singaporean, lover of words.
ask.fm / tumblr / twitter

alternatively, you can email me at raudhah.hanafiah@gmail.com

labels: fiction, outfits, significant other