Friday, February 18, 2011

in time

He looks at me for the longest time without saying a word and I beg God to give me the sudden power to read his mind.

But I hear nothing. My heart races and my palms sweat and I telepathically tell him to stay.
I tell him to stay and hold me again like he used to without uttering anything but he doesn't appear to be moving.

So I reach out for him.
My hands lightly caress his arms and his hands are reaching out for mine and yes! He's going to pull me into a hug!
No. No. He's pushing my hand away!

He's stepping back and the wall between us that we've brought down over the few months is built up again, higher this time and my hands hurt from trying to pull out the rocks.

I give up.


(fiction)

is it okay if i really really like this piece which i randomly wrote whilst listening to an instrumental song.
I hope you guys can relate to this and it touched you so deeply you almost teared. I can totally see myself in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Singaporean, lover of words.
ask.fm / tumblr / twitter

alternatively, you can email me at raudhah.hanafiah@gmail.com

labels: fiction, outfits, significant other